Saturday, December 20, 2014

Mai Tai’d Up by Alice Clayton



Series: Cocktail Series #4
Format: Paperback
Pages: 254
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                This was another great Alice Clayton novel. She has not disappointed and this was no exception.
                This story was a lot like Screwdrivered. I feel like it’s more about Chole’s personal growth than the romance. And I loved going on that journey with Chloe. She’s a character I immediately cared about. Her past could make her bratty or annoying, but Ms. Clayton does a spectacular job of making her down to earth.
                Then, there was Lucas and their relationship. Of course, Lucas is fun and sexy. Something I’ve noticed in Ms. Clayton’s books is that she knows how to write chemistry. Her characters always have a sexual tension you feel whenever they’re together, but it isn’t over-powering. She’s also great at packing a romance so it doesn’t feel rushed.
                And the dogs. I’m a huge animal lover and grew up around dogs. She treated the issue of rescues and pit bulls well. She was respectful and shown a light on an issue in our world. And just like her sexual tension it wasn’t over-the-top. This wasn’t a PSA.
                This book also felt like six degrees of separation for the Cocktail series. I got to see characters I wasn’t expecting.
                Definitely a great read and can be read as stand-alone. But Wallbanger is still my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment