Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind



Series: Sword of Truth #2
Format: Paperback
Pages: 979
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                I’ve been reading this huge-ass book almost the whole year. Now, that’s not because it’s slow, but because I was purposely taking my time. The story was good and, generally, kept my interest.
                This was interesting because it differed so much from the show. Although, I guess it’s technically the other way around. There were some large plot similarities, but the book does so much more.
                Sometimes I found the characters a little simple-especially Richard. He had moments where he would be so rigid in morals. It was like he couldn’t understand human nature even with everything he’d been through. He also got a little bossy with other characters which was annoying.
                I also grew bored during most of Zedd’s portions. For some reason I couldn’t get interested in him or his story.
                Kahlan was definitely my favorite. I think she’s more complex and kick-ass than in the show. She’s great there, too. But she went through so much and had to face so many different kinds of conflicts. It’s almost hard to believe she was able to handle everything physically and emotionally.
                I also really liked Chandalen. He’s such a dynamic and intriguing character. And I loved the relationship he and Kahlan developed. It’s sort of a brother-sister type thing. I’m curious to see if he continues to show up and if their relationship continues to evolve.
                I definitely plan on picking up the next book. My plan is to read it slowly over the next year. Of course, I want to spend more time with these characters and there were some issues left unresolved. But there’s also clearly going to be some Cara and I want to know what book Cara is like and if I like her as much as TV Cara.

Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment