Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White



My True Love Gave to Me
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 32
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                This is another story that had a slow start. It’s hard to be really successful when you have a slow start in a short story. But in the end, I enjoyed the story well enough.
                I found the story interesting and a little different. At this point, Maria is probably the most negative character from the get-go. But Ben was a good complement.
                I also liked the way Ms. White played with expectations. Especially when it comes to Maria’s parents.
                There was a lot going on though. I still don’t completely understand who all the characters are and their relationships to one another. I also struggled with Ms. White’s voice. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it didn’t work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment