Sunday, December 21, 2014

What the Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth? By Gayle Forman



My True Love Gave to Me
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 24
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                Another different story. This one covered racial differences, religious differences, and had some foul language.
                Initially, Sophie was kind of a tough pill to swallow. I get that she felt out of place, but she was kind of judgmental and pretentious. I can forgive this because she does grow in this short story.
                Ms. Forman also navigates stereotypes and expectations well. Now, that I think about it more a huge theme seems to surround this.
                I also liked the way Jewish traditions were handled. It didn’t feel like she was info-dumping, but was still informative. This is definitely one of the stronger stories in the anthology.

No comments:

Post a Comment