Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Highlander in Disguise by Julia London

810141

Series: Lockhart Family #2
Format: Paperback
Pages: 374
Rating: 3 stars
How I Got It: Purchased

This was a book I picked up randomly at an outlet store because I like Julia London as an author. It was a fairly good book, but it wasn’t anything special.

For about the first third I wasn’t the biggest fan of Grif, the hero. I didn’t completely understand why he made some of his decisions. But it did get better eventually.

I did like the chemistry between Grif and Anna. But some of their relationship felt a little rushed-especially in the end. Lust was there in abundance, but love I’m a little skeptical of. One issue was that they kept not talking to each other. I’m just not a fan of that style of conflict.

There were also a few story points I felt were left unresolved. Mostly, this is connected to Anna’s sister. I just don’t think these will be addressed in the next/last book.

I will probably read the other two books in the series, but I’ll probably borrow them from the library.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment