Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Uncertain Magic by Laura Kinsale



Format: Paperback
Pages: 384
Rating: DNF
How I Got It: Purchased

I didn’t finish this book so I won’t be rating it. But I read almost 200 pages and figured I would talk about why I didn’t finish in case that would help someone.

Mostly, I didn’t get this book. You’re only in the heroine’s head, so I never knew why he did things, but I couldn’t figure out why she was either. And she wasn’t the most likeable person.

Then, there’s the relationship between them. He’s constantly calling her “little girl” which is kind of creepy. And he seems to manipulate her with sex. One time he even said something like “Tell me you don’t want to have sex with me” as he was forcing himself on her. Yes, this is from the eighties , but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.

I’ve enjoyed Ms. Kinsale in the past, so I will read more of her books. But I think I’ll just get her books out of the library in the future.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment