Thursday, March 12, 2015

Past Perfect by Leila Sales



Format: Paperback
Pages:336
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

It’s only been two books, but I think Leila Sales is not the author for me. A lot like Miranda Kenneally. Objectively, I  can see why people would like these books, but they kind of bother me.

I do like the idea of this story about two rival reenactment towns. I wonder how accurate it is. And I’m kind of curious to meet someone who works in a place like that. Plus, there’s a Romeo and Juliet romance going on.

But a lot of things bring this down. First, is Chelsea’s character. I find her incredibly selfish and kind of annoying. She seemed to blame everyone else for things and I never believed she was sorry for any of the things she did. The way she treated her dad was especially bad. I actually got conflicted about the romance because I liked Dan, but didn’t think she really deserved his love.

It was also frustrating that the kids were so destructive. A lot of them seemed to care about where they worked, but damaged historical places.

Some people will really enjoy this book. But I’ve learned that I don’t click with Ms. Sales so I’ll be staying away from her books in the future.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment