Monday, June 29, 2015

Novella Review: The Assassin and the Healer by Sarah J. Maas



Book: The Assassin’s Blade
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

This one was pretty average for me. I definitely liked the first one better. This one felt more like a character piece, but it’s kind of short to completely work.

I’ve said before that I’m not the biggest fan of Celaena. She’s kind of arrogant and then she has moments of being very nice and sympathetic to those around her. I guess my problem is that I don’t understand why she feels bad for them-especially at the point in time this novella takes place. I think the problem is that so much of her past is secretive for story reasons, so I just don’t get how she became the person she is.

I did like the other “main” character in this story. She was interesting and very likeable. I think Miss Arrogant-pants could learn from her. I actually liked her so much that I hope she makes another appearance either in these novellas or the books in the series proper.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment