Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Review: The Assassin and the Desert by Sarah J. Maas

18243700
Series: Throne of Glass .3
Format: Hardcover Bind-Up
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens

Review

Hey, I'm finally back to reading this book. And I want to review each novella individually.

I haven't been shy about this, but I don't like Celaena. She's incredibly arrogant and obnoxious. This time I thought she might be a little humble, but she wasn't. Honestly, she acts like she's the shit and everyone should bow down to her greatness, but she isn't. I'm afraid this will turn into a rant, but why do people like her so much?

Onto the plotty things. I actually enjoyed the Silent Assassins. They are very peaceful which sounds weird. Maybe I mean that they are calm. The Master especially was very interesting and a nice contrast to Celaena and Arobyn.

I will finish the novellas and read Heir of Fire because I already own it, but if Celaena doesn't humble up I may have to give up on the series. I'm sorry if it's one of your favorites.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment