Friday, January 22, 2016

Review: Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

22138548
Series: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland Book #2
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Classic, Children's Fiction
Publisher: Barnes and Noble

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Through the Looking-Glass is your passport to a topsy-turvy world on the other side of the mirror, where you have to run fast just to stay in place, memory works backwards, and it is possible to believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Both stories feature the colored classic illustrations of John Tenniel.
 
Review

I don't know if other people feel this way, but this one felt different than Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Not in a bad way-just different. I do think I liked this one just a little bit more.

This felt more like a cohesive story than random events. Although, there's still a decent amount of randomness. And it starts with The Jabberwocky which is one of my favorite poems.

I'm really glad I read this again as an adult. If I have children I want to read these stories to them. Even if I don't understand everything that's going on, I still enjoy going on the adventure.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment