Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Review: Bared to You by Sylvia Day

20448515
Series: Crossfire Book #1
Format: Trade Paperback
Pages: 334
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from Library
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotica
Publisher: Berkley

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily
Gideon "knew." He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each others most private wounds and desires.
The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart 
 
Review

This is a tough one, but I kind of assumed that going in. I don''t think I can review this honestly without spoilers. I'll be as vague as I can but no promises.

This book is compared to Fifty Shades a lot, but I think that's not a very good comparison. We can't just compare all billionaire story lines which is what I feel like is the only similarity. Well, and that it's a highly dysfunctional relationship. But these characters seem to acknowledge that. We'll see if they actually do anything about it and grow.

I was getting a little frustrated because they are either fighting or fuc...having sex. I am not a fan of this.

Eva has a lot of potential. She is a strong personality and ambitious, which I like. But the minute Gideon shows up she loses it. I just don't get it-she isn't even the innocent virgin so she doesn't even have that excuse.

And this was incredibly addicting. Even when I was pulling my hair out in frustration. How do authors do that?

I do plan on continuing this series. The reason for that and my three-star rating is the discussion questions at the end. They suggested an acknowledgement of the unhealthy aspects of the story. So, I'm optimistic this will be addressed throughout the series.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment