Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Review: Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan

15801763
Series: The Lynburn Legacy Book #2
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 367
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Publisher: Random House

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads
 
On the surface, Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy English town. But Kami Glass knows the truth. Sorry-in-the-Vale is full of magic. In the old days, the Lynburn family ruled with fear, terrifying the people into submission in order to kill for blood and power. Now the Lynburns are back, and Rob Lynburn is gathering sorcerers so that the town can return to the old ways.

But Rob and his followers aren’t the only sorcerers in town. A decision must be made: pay the blood sacrifice, or fight. For Kami, this means more than just choosing between good and evil. With her link to Jared Lynburn severed, she’s now free to love anyone she chooses. But who should that be?

A darkly humorous take on Gothic romance, Sarah Rees Brennan's Lynburn Legacy weaves together the tale of a heroine desperate to protect those she loves, two boys hoping to be saved, and the magical forces that will shape their destiny.


Review

Reviewing this one is hard. I read it so fast that it's hard for me to really remember everything.

This one was definitely on the darker side. There's still some humor-especially from Kami-but the tone matches the more serious events of the book.

I saw a few source-related things coming, but for the most part I was kept in suspense. I had no idea how this was going to end and my emotions were being ripped to pieces. And what the heck is going to happen in the final book? There are so many unanswered questions. Will there be more angst? I don't know if I can handle it. Especially for my ship-it's kind of sailing.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment