Friday, June 9, 2017

Review: Good Boy by Sarina Bowen

30747137
Series: WAGS Book #1
Format: Trade Paperback
Pages: 269
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Self-Published

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Hosting her brother’s wedding for an MVP guest list is the challenge of Jess Canning’s life. Already the family screw-up, she can’t afford to fail. And nobody (nobody!) can learn of the colossal mistake she made with the best man during a weak moment last spring. It was wrong, and there will not be a repeat. Absolutely not. Even if he is the sexiest thing on two legs.

Blake Riley sees the wedding as fate’s gift to him. Jess is the maid of honor and he’s the best man? Let the games begin. So what if he’s facing a little (fine, a lot) of resistance? He just needs to convince the stubborn blonde that he’s really a good boy with a bad rap. Luckily, every professional hockey player knows that you’ve got to make an effort if you want to score.

But Jess has more pressing issues to deal with than sexy-times with a giant man-child. Such as: Will the ceremony start on time, even though someone got grandma drunk? Does glitter ever belong at a wedding? And is it wrong to murder the best man?


Review

I'm going to be honest, when I started reading this I thought I wasn't going to like it. Which would've been quite the disappointment since I love Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy. But I pushed myself to keep going and I'm so glad I did.

So this book is a lot a bit crazy. Blake especially is so over-the-top. He's like Dean from The Score times 100. And hew was the reason I was initially put off. I like humor in books, but he was so much that he didn't feel real. But as it continued I was able to understand him as a character and why he acts the way he does. Jess was easier to connect with because I've had some of the same feelings as her. It was nice to see Wes and Jamie again. I really need to read their second book.

The romance was well executed. At first, I thought it might be rushed based on how the book started. But it developed very naturally and I really wanted to see them happy and together. There was a lot of sexy times and sexy talk. I didn't think it was too much but wanted to mention it in case that bothers you.

I was a little disappointed by the lack of dogs. The cover has a dog on it! There should be tons of dog action. I will forgive it this one time. The next book better have more dogs.

If you've read it, let me know what you thought.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment