Friday, June 16, 2017

Review: Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

7059135
Series: Inside Out Book #1
Format: Ebook
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from Library (Overdrive)
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian
Publisher: Harlequin

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.

Review

This is a hard one. I still enjoy Maria V Snyder's writing but the story doesn't really work for me. I read it rather fast and it was gripping but didn't fully connect. It isn't something I can explain.

The concept is an interesting me, but a lot of information is withheld. I believe this was a conscious choice, but it's still frustrating. I just wish I knew more about what the "Inside" is and the people. There's also a lot of terminology to wrap your mind around.

This is a duology and maybe I'll read the second book some day. But for now, I'm perfectly content with how this one ended.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment