Monday, June 19, 2017

Review: Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare

20605274
Series: Castles Ever After Book #2
Format: Ebook
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from the Library (Overdrive)
Genre: Romance, Historical Romance
Publisher: Avon

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

After eight years of waiting for Piers Brandon, the wandering Marquess of Granville, to set a wedding date, Clio Whitmore has had enough. She's inherited a castle, scraped together some pride, and made plans to break her engagement.

Not if Rafe Brandon can help it. A ruthless prizefighter and notorious rake, Rafe is determined that Clio will marry his brother—even if he has to plan the dratted wedding himself.


Review

I have to be honest, this was a  little disappointing. The first book was just so magical and beautiful. Don't get me wrong, this is good, but pales in comparison to the other.

Clio is a really strong heroine. She has depth and the right amount of uniqueness. And she feels like a real woman instead of an idealized romance heroine. Rafe should've been the hero for me. He's got some brooding angst while being a sweet puppy dog. I don't dislike him, but sometimes she was a little annoying.

They make a cute couple. Their story has a good amount of tension. Now, there are shades of a cheating story since Clio is engaged to Rafe's brother. I'm not a huge fan of those type of stories. It wasn't a huge distraction, but it was always in the back of my mind.

Sorry, I can't really explain what about this didn't work for me. It's a perfectly enjoyable book and I would read again, but it isn't at the top of my list.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment