Monday, February 18, 2019

Book Review: The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, and Sarah Rees Brennan

16303287
Part of the Shadowhunter World
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 507
Rating: 4 Stars 
How I Got It: Purchased or Christmas Gift (I can't remember)
Genre:Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

This collection of eleven short stories illuminates the life of the enigmatic Magnus Bane, whose alluring personality, flamboyant style, and sharp wit populate the pages of the #1 New York Times bestselling series, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices.

Originally released one-by-one as e-only short stories by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, and Sarah Rees Brennan, this compilation presents all ten together in print for the first time and includes a never-before-seen eleventh tale, as well as new illustrated material.

Review

It only took me like a year to read this. That isn't anything negative about this anthology, but it was my bedtime book and I was really bad about reading at night.

Some of the stories were a little bleh, but overall I liked them. They probably would've been better if it hadn't been years since I read anything in this series. I really enjoyed the story with Raphael Santiago. And it was sad but seeing Valentine and and the Circle was very interesting. Those are events you hear about in The Mortal Instruments, but don't actually see/experience.

Reading these stories made me want to get back into this world and read the books I've been putting off.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment