Friday, February 15, 2019

Guys My Age by Saffron Kent

42730366
Mixtape Anthology
Format: ebook
Rating: 1 star
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance, Age Difference
Publisher: Self-Published
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

What’s more romantic than a love song? A mixtape full of them.

Twelve bestselling and award-winning authors have curated an anthology of brand-new, standalone stories inspired by love songs.
Review

I have never given anything a 1-star rating. But there is nothing redeeming about this story. I only forced myself to read this so I could write a review. Except the sex scene. I didn't read that because I thought it was inappropriate.

Looking at this author's Goodreads it looks like they (she?) writes edgy romances. To be honest that is not typically what I read, but this went beyond edgy into uncomfortable.

There is a substantial age difference in this story. She is 18, he is 33. And they have known each other since she was 3. I could've been fairly OK with it if she was 23 and he was 38, but not 18. And he knowing her that long was what really made it wrong for me.

This may come across judgy, but I felt violated by this story. I'm so glad I already read the Elle Kennedy story so I knew the whole anthology wasn't going to be bad and a disappointment.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment