Friday, April 5, 2019

Book Review: Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger

15723286
Series: Finish School #2
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 310
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal, Steampunk
Publisher: Hachette, Little, Brown, & Co.
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Sophronia's first year at Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality has certainly been rousing! For one thing, finishing school is training her to be a spy--won't Mumsy be surprised? Furthermore, Sophronia got mixed up in an intrigue over a stolen device and had a cheese pie thrown at her in a most horrid display of poor manners.

Now, as she sneaks around the dirigible school, eavesdropping on the teachers' quarters and making clandestine climbs to the ship's boiler room, she learns that there may be more to a field trip to London than is apparent at first. A conspiracy is afoot--one with dire implications for both supernaturals and humans. Sophronia must rely on her training to discover who is behind the dangerous plot-and survive the London Season with a full dance card.

Review

I'm loving this series. This book was so close to five stars. I'm still kind of confused, but I don't even care. I'm just along for this ride with Sophronia. I can't wait to finish the series and I also want to re-read the Parasol Protectorate Series, because of the overlapping characters.

Ms. Carriger is a great writer. Full stop.

Her style is unique and fun to read. And she creates fantastic and engaging characters. I particularly like the relationships/friendships she creates. And the names. She is best namer out there.

Some new characters showed up and I'm definitely interested. There was a new guy who is intriguing and a little mysterious. But if there is a romance I'm really hoping it is the one I liked from the first book. I just gobble up all the little suggestions of that ship. So, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

If you couldn't tell, I'm currently obsessed with these characters and the series.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment