Monday, May 13, 2019

Book Review: Hot Response by Shannon Stacey

35287623
Series: Boston Fire Book #4
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 270
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Carina Press

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Gavin Boudreau lives for the job, but he also believes in “work hard, play harder.” As the youngest guy in Ladder 37, he figures he’s got plenty of time before settling down becomes a priority. Soft, pretty women who aren’t looking for promises are exactly his type, and he’s comfortable with that. Working with a gorgeous EMT isn’t going to change who he is.

The last thing Cait Tasker needs in her personal life is a firefighter whose challenges on-scene have been a thorn in her side from minute one. Her plate’s too full for a man anyway. Back in her childhood home to help her family cope with an unexpected tragedy, she’s got enough to handle without throwing a hot, testosterone-laden fireman into the mix.

As long days on the job lead to long nights together, Gavin and Cait will discover how far temptation can take them—and what happens when the one you thought was all wrong for you turns out to be the person you can’t live without.

Review

Is this my favorite Shannon Stacey book? Or has it been a couple months since I read one and I forgot how amazing she is? Who knows, but I freaking loved this. The characters, the romance, the friendships, the world. Seriously, I feel like I'm part of this firehouse family every time I pick up one of these books. 

Gavin and Cait were both great characters and I loved how they foiled each other (look at me using that $200K English degree). He was so nice and I loved how he always found humor in things. And I really appreciated how seriously they both took their jobs and how passionate they were. I understand Cait's family situation, but sometimes she frustrated me. I'm definitely more in line with Gavin's thoughts on it. 

The romance was fun and well-paced. It had some enemies-to-lovers, but wasn't full blown which was nice. I loved that they had to navigate real things like crazy work hours to even go on a date. Sometimes I read romance novels and I wonder if these people even have jobs because they just band all day and night. I'm happy for them but I have bills to pay.

Can I add how much you can tell Ms. Stacey respects first responders. she puts so much care into showing their stories. Firefighters are often treated as sexy, but she really takes the time to build great characters and things like the firehouse family. The hero isn't just a firefighter so we can have firefighter abs on the cover. And I'm so grateful for this. 

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment