Friday, May 10, 2019

Book Review: Manners & Mutiny by Gail Carriger

18725742
Series: Finishing School Book #4
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 326
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal
Publisher: Little Brown Books

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Lessons in the art of espionage aboard Mademoiselle Geraldine's floating dirigible have become tedious without Sophronia's sootie Soap nearby. She would rather thwart dastardly Picklemen, yet her concerns about their wicked intentions are ignored. 

Who can she trust? Royal werewolf dewan? Stylish vampire Lord Akeldama? Only one thing is certain: a large-scale plot is under way. Sophronia must be ready to save her friends, her school, and all of London from disaster.

Review

I love Gail Carriger! Her voice as a writer is so unique and intoxicating. There's often tongue-in-cheek humor, but she isn't afraid of dangerous situations. She's able to blend all of this together effortlessly.

This was a perfect ending. Of course I would love to spend more time with many of these characters, but I don't need it. Now, I want to re-read The Parasol Protectorate just to be in this world again. I also want to read the other books she's written.

This review is pretty vague because I'm trying to avoid any spoilers.

Sophronia is a spectacular heroine and I loved going on this journey with her. The friendships and relationships were written well and with great nuance. 

I'm just so glad I read this series and was able to enjoy it. Everyone I picked it up I felt myself smiling.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment