Sunday, August 17, 2014

Review: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover



Format: Paperback

Pages: 322

Rating: 5 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                At last a new Colleen Hoover book has come along.

                And I devoured it.

                Of course she delivered a breathtaking story with amazing characters and twists and turns as only she can. On its surface the plot is typical for a romance, but she makes it her own.

                The storytelling style is a huge part of this. The story is told in alternating POV, but Miles and Tate’s chapters are taking place in different periods of time. This changes the story so it’s almost two different yet connected stories. It kind of reminds me of Breakable by Tammara Webber.

                And the characters. Seriously, I’m not sure who I like more: Miles or Tate. They are both unique and likeable. And with Tate, Ms. Hoover continues her stretch of great non-annoying female characters. Question: where does she come up with her names? They’re always unique but not crazy.

                Whether you’ve read this or not I highly suggest checking out the song by Griffin Peterson. It’s fantastical. If you want to hear more about my thoughts especially spoilers check out my video review and discussion.


Video Review:




~Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment