Sunday, August 24, 2014

Review: Alienated by Melissa Landers



Series: Alienated (1)
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 344
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                Not sure why, but I expected this to be like a cutesy contemporary but with aliens. It does have aspects of a contemporary but it is more than that.
                Ms. Landers does a fairly good job of creating this world. She covers the political and social aspects of alien contact. She also creates this alien culture that is extensive and flushed out. The only issue is that it took her awhile to show aspects of the alien culture so I was confused earlier in the book.
                And I really liked Cara and Aelyx. Especially Cara, because she’s got a lot of personality. She had sass and a quirky sense of humor. In some ways she reminds me of Katy from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. And I respect that she stood by Aelyx and her beliefs.
                A huge part of the book hinges on the relationship between two main characters. Generally, I would say this relationship was well-developed. Their friendship grew slowly, but it was organic. And it laid a nice foundation for a romantic relationship. That being said, once things went romantic it went a little quick.
                I am looking forward to the next book in the series. I’m not exactly sure where things are going to go but I hope we get more alien interactions and political intrigue.

~Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment