Monday, August 25, 2014

Review: Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Series: Covenant (1)

Format: Paperback

Pages: 281

Rating: 3 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                I just finished Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I don’t have much to say, but I’m trying to review every book I read. This wasn’t my favorite book of her’s, but it was a fairly quick read.

                I’ve heard this series compared to Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead and I agree. Although I like a different type of paranormal. Instead of vampires and werewolves it deals with Greek gods and mythology.

                The plot was interesting and I’m curious to see where it goes. I did predict some story points, but maybe it’ll become more complex.

                Really my only major complaint is Alex, the main character. She rubbed me the wrong way for the majority of the book. I would start to empathize with her and then she would make a stupid-ass decision that made no sense. Basically, I struggled to connect with her. As the book came to an end this was less of an issue so I’m hopeful for the next book.



~Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment