Sunday, August 24, 2014

Review: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson



Format: Hardcover

Pages: 344

Rating: 5 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                I was expecting a light summer read, but this book impressed.

                I really enjoyed Amy as a character. She was interesting and had a nice voice. Amy was appropriately odd and funny. She also went on a realistic journey-mainly dealing with her father’s death and grief.

                Even though this book is told in first person Roger is well-developed. His behaviors, playlists, and drawings allow us glimpses into his personality and character. It’s a very literal version of “show don’t tell.”

                I really enjoyed the road trip. Amy and Roger met some interesting and often inspiring people along the way. And the inclusion of scrapbook pages, receipts, and pictures was perfect. It added a fun dimension to the story. I’ve never traveled across the country, but this book makes me want to.

                Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour is an easy 5 stars and I’m eager to read Morgan Matson’s other books.



~Thanks for reading!
 Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment