Saturday, August 2, 2014

Review: If Wishes Were Earls by Elizabeth Boyle



Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 384
Rating: 2 Stars

                I was fairly entertained while reading this book, but I was a little disappointed.
                First, there was a mystery for the majority of the book. I can appreciate a good mystery-I mean I’ve read my fair share of Stephanie Laurens books-but this one was distracting. I was often confused about what was going on and who everyone was.
                Then, there was the romance. I just wasn’t feeling it. I felt no chemistry when they were together. So, I couldn’t get invested in their story. I don’t think it helps that I found Harriet, the heroine, annoying. She made a lot of stupid decisions and would then complain about being in situations she put herself in.
                I don’t want to just complain, so I will say I liked Roxley’s aunts. They were funny and out spoken. I’m a sucker for the older woman who says whatever she wants in a historical novel. And this book had three.
                Yeah, I don’t really have anything else to say. Sorry.

~Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment