Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood



Series: The Cahill Witch Chronicles (Book 1)

Format: Hardcover

Pages: 330

Rating: 4 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                This book is hard to describe. It’s an alternate history historical witch book that reads like a contemporary.

                I think there’s a lack of world-building, but it doesn’t bother me. To some extent I wish I knew more about the past and the rest of the world, but I don’t need it.

                And I like the characters. Cate is likeable and a good narrator. She could be a little more trusting, but her society explains it. And the story mainly focuses on women-powerful women. Plus, there are tons of different relationships between these women.

                I’m completely invested in Cate’s story and am excited to continue the series. Ms. Spotswood weaves the romance with the magic storyline with Cate’s personal journey. I care equally about each of these story points and want to know where they’ll go next. 

~Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment