Sunday, October 26, 2014

What a Wallflower Wants by Maya Rodale



Series : Wallflowers Series (Book 3)
Format: ebook
Pages:  251
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                This is my first Maya Rodale book and I’ll definitely be picking up more. I picked this up after a bunch of praise on the DBSA podcast. And I’ll be as upfront as they were: this book is about a woman who is raped and the experience is discussed in detail.
                Prue is a great heroine. She’s obviously devastated by what happened, but she isn’t constantly throwing a pity party. And she is an incredibly strong woman.
                John is equally amazing. He is a beta hero that’s still strong physically. It’s refreshing to see a male character that doesn’t try to fix everything with his fists.  And the way he treats Prue is perfection. He reminds me of Lucas from Easy.
                Sex is always complicated, especially if someone was assaulted. But Ms. Rodale addressed the complications and showed a beautiful recovery. The relationship between Prue and John was fantastic.
                If rape isn’t a trigger for you I would highly suggest this book. I only wish my TBR shelf was smaller so I could by more of Maya Rodale’s books. 

~Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment