Friday, November 14, 2014

Overbite by Meg Cabot



Series: Insatiable #2

Format: Hardcover

Pages: 275

Rating: 2 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                I’m struggling with this review. But I don’t want to keep putting it off.

                I found this book to be very disappointing. The first book was weak, but this was even a step down from that.

                My biggest problem is how confusing it was. And not the plot-Although, there were some parts of the resolution that weren’t fully explained.

                When I say confusing I’m talking about the characters and “romance.” It seemed some of the characters and their relationships changed without explanation. I don’t want to go into spoilers, but Meena, Alaric, and Lucien all seemed to change drastically.

                Then there’s the “romance.” I’m using quotation marks because I’m not sure there’s a true romance in this book. Yeah, Meena ends up with someone, but I’m not sure the right foundation was set for the romance. In a lot of ways this story would have been better without the romance.

                I know this has been a fairly negative review, but I’m struggling to come up with good things. I still liked Mary Lou, Meena’s dog, and Sister Gertrude, but they were barely in the story. I’m glad it was less than 300 pages, because I’m not sure I could have finished this book if it was as long as the first book.

                So sorry for the downer of a review. I like so many of Meg Cabot’s books so it kind of hurts me to write this. Hopefully, I’ll enjoy my next read more. 

~Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment