Friday, November 14, 2014

She Tempts the Duke by Lorraine Heath



Series: Lost Lords of Pembrook (Book 1)

Format: Paperback

Pages: 355

Rating: 4 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                Seriously I’ve been reading romance for ten years, so how have I only discovered the awesomeness that is Lorraine Heath this year?

                On the plus side-I have a crap-ton of books available to me since she’s been writing for years.

                Maybe I should start writing about the actual book this review is about.

                I would say this is a slower book, but in a good way. Mary and Sebastian didn’t fall over each other right which was refreshing. And it wasn’t super steamy. I know some people might want more romance or sensuality, but these characters and their story demanded the opposite.

                And I really liked Maya and Sebastian-individually, as friends, and as a couple. There should be more childhood friendship story lines without unrequited love.

                Mary made some “silly” decisions. I struggle with calling them that, but can’t think of a better word. What I mean is that she does things that will have serious/negative consequences. Normally, that would be frustrating, but Mary thinks through her actions and is a very good person.

                It’s probably getting obnoxious at this point, but the hero is scarred. He’s even missing an eye. I’m really into this and the depth it can bring to a story. I loved (?) reading about Sebastian’s struggle especially since he has a twin. It’s like he has to constantly look at what he’s lost.

                I don’t really have anything negative to say about this book. But there was just something missing which is why I couldn’t give it five stars.

                I definitely want to read the next two books in the series. I really liked seeing the scenes with all of the brothers and hope those continue. Clearly all the brothers have a lot of issues they need to work through and I know Ms. Heath will write their stories beautifully.

                I’ll try to make future reviews less rambley, but no promises. 

~Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment