Friday, November 21, 2014

The Redhead Revealed by Alice Clayton



Series: Redhead #2

Format: Paperback

Pages: 305

Rating:  4 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                This was a pretty good sequel, but it took a slight step down. Obviously conflict is needed, but it’s one of my least favorite kinds-the I know what’s best for you, but won’t have a conversation about my decisions.

                The humor and fun is still there. And I’m falling in love with Jack more and more. He’s sweet, but not overly sappy. Just a little schmaltz.

                And Ms. Clayton subtly builds the relationship between Jack and Grace. It’s not the fact that they hump like rabbits-which they do-but the little things. It’s how they eat Chex Mix or he will come home and start rubbing her feet or that they’ll watch Golden Girls. It’s all of these things that make me believe in them as a couple.

                I’m glad they spent some time apart and Grace had to face some serious insecurities. But I’m afraid the next/last book will have some backtracking. That doesn’t mean I’m not eager to read it, but I might need to take a little break from Grace and Jack.

~Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment