Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton


Series: Redhead #1
Format: Paperback
Pages: 318
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                Let’s start by saying: I love Alice Clayton. In a lot of ways she writes characters I’m not used to reading about.

                I did fall in love with Grace and Jack, but Wallbanger is still a better read to me.

                In true Alice Clayton fashion this book was hilarious. Grace and Jack both have a healthy sense of humor.  Sometimes it’s a little immature, but being a grown up doesn’t mean you can’t appreciate dirty jokes. And it’s refreshing to read about a couple that can laugh together.

                And I love the age difference. It’s not a lot, but it’s enough to make it interesting. And I don’t see a lot of older women-younger man stories. Plus, it isn’t the main focus of the story so it’s not over done.

                I also really enjoyed the relationship between Grace and her best friend, Holly. I think Holly’s an interesting character and would love to get in her head. You can tell they’ve been friends for years and completely understand each other.

                That being said they can be a little degrading. I’ve had that friendship where you call each other ‘bitch’ or ‘slut’ so I get it. But as I get older I struggle more with that kind of language. And I know it might bother some people.

                My only real complaint is that there are a lot of sexy times. It doesn’t feel repetitive in description, but I would have liked to cut two or three sex scenes in favor of getting to know each scenes.

                Now, if you don’t mind I need to get to the next book.

~Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment