Friday, December 5, 2014

Angelfall by Susan Ee



Series: Penryn and the End of Days Book 1
Format: Paperback
Pages: 282
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                There has been a lot of hype surrounding this book. And I’ll be honest, I tend to avoid angel books-especially when there’s bad angels. The girl who spent years in Catholic school and religious education just feels uncomfortable with bad angels.

                I did like the story and it’s a fairly solid start to a series. I’m curious to see what happens to Penryn, Raffe, and some other characters, but I did have some issues.

                I found the writing repetitive. She would describe the same scene or setting a couple times. I also question how much things have changed in just six weeks. I just don’t believe some of the things that happened are realistic.

                For the most part I liked the characters. Penryn is a little unique for a YA heroine, but she also got annoying. She consistently makes silly mistakes/decisions. But Raffe and quite a few of the side characters interest me.

                While I had some complaints I do plan on continuing the series. Although I’m more interested in what will happen to the world as a whole than Penryn.

                And I’m not sure how many books there will be. First, I heard it was going to be five or six books, but lately I’ve heard it’s only going to be a trilogy. If you know how many books please let me know



 Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment