Saturday, December 6, 2014

Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover by Sarah MacLean



Series: Rule of Scoundrels (Book 4)

Format: Paperback

Pages: 374

Rating: 4 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                This book is finally here.

                I went and bought it on release day and it didn’t disappoint.

                If you haven’t read the other books in the series I suggest skipping this review. There’s a huge secret running through these books that gets revealed in book 3 and I’m going to talk about it openly in this review.

                I loved really getting to know Georgiana. Yeah, we’d gotten glimpses in earlier books, but this was enlightening. She’s strong, but she doesn’t seem to know how strong. She uses different personas to get power, but over time she learns that she truly has that power already.

                And it was great to see all of her interactions. First, is her and Caroline, her daughter. They had an interesting relationship, but I’m glad she cared about her daughter so much. Then, there were her interactions with the other owners of the club and their wives. The whole gang is like a crazy family and the guys seem to view her as a sister.

                Duncan was also a great character. He had struggles, but was a true gentleman and was compassionate. I also liked that he’s a working man without a title.

                Overall, I liked the romance. These characters were attracted to each other, but didn’t go crazy with the jumping each other’s bones. And they are both smart and powerful which created an interesting dynamic.

                I do wish they would have talked more. Some of the tension caused by their secrets was dragged out a little longer than I would have liked. I can only handle so much conflict that’s made by characters not talking to each other.

                As a side note, the second book is probably my favorite in the series.

 Thanks for reading!
~Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment