Sunday, December 7, 2014

Take a Chance by Abbi Glines



Series: Rosemary Beach (Book 7)

Format: Paperback

Pages: 276

Rating: 4 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                It’s been a few months, but I’m returning to the world of Rosemary Beach.

                Just like the other books I breezed through this. Ms. Glines writes books that suck you in. Every book I’ve read by her I read in one sitting.               

                I had some fairly high expectations, because I really liked Grant in the previous books. He seemed like a really nice guy. And he is nice even if he’s drawn to people he wants to fix. But why does every guy have to be so ridiculous promiscuous? I would love to read a book about a guy who has a healthy sex life instead of sleeping with girls whose names they have trouble remembering.

                Harlow is an intriguing character and I did like getting to know her. She did get a little annoying when she would constantly doubt herself. Her story is interesting, but I easily guessed her big “secret”.

                I loved seeing all the characters we’ve met in the previous books. It’s always reassuring to see a couple you’ve read before still happy.

                But there’s still the Nan issue. I’ve talked about this before, but I have some conflicted feelings about her.

                Now, I don’t like Nan because she’s a bitch with no concern for how she hurts others. But I feel like she’s just there to cause conflict for the other characters. And, especially at this point, no one even tries to help her. I’d probably be miserable if no one in my life, including my family loved me.

                My hope for the series as a whole is that Nan gets redeemed. She doesn’t need a book or love story, but I want her to have some sort of happiness.

                Just like the other books in the series I’m anxious to read the next book. Unfortunately, I need to wait until there’s money in my book budget.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment