Thursday, December 11, 2014

One More Chance by Abbi Glines



Series: Rosemary Beach #8/Chance #2
Format: Paperback
Pages: 256
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
               
                I finished this in like three hours. If there is anything I can say about Ms. Glines it’s that she knows how to write a book that sucks you in and doesn’t let go.
                This was an enjoyable story and I think I liked it a little more than the first book. There’s definitely a lot of crazy drama, but that’s what I’ve come to expect in an Abbi Glines story. I do appreciate that so much of the drama wasn’t about Grant and Harlow being apart. Instead they had to face problems as a couple.
                OK. Time for the spoilers.
                Going in I really didn’t want Harlow to be pregnant. It’s typically a trope that I feel is used when an author can’t come up with something better. That’s actually how I felt about Rush and Blaire’s story.
                But this felt like a good choice. The pregnancy is more of a proxy for a larger issue Grant and Harlow have to work through. And I felt she handled the pregnancy well.
                I also liked the way Nan’s character seems to be going. She had several moments that she shows she does have a soul and even got a POV chapter. I’m also glad Harlow is open to the possibility of a changed Nan. I think it would be interesting if Nan opens up and changes because of Lila and Harlow instead of a guy. But that’s probably not going to happen. 

Thanks for reading!
~Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment