Friday, December 12, 2014

You Were Mine by Abbi Glines



Series: Rosemary Beach #9
Format: Ebook
Pages: 221
Rating: 3.5 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
               
                I think this book suffered from too much hype. I’ve cared about Bethy since the beginning. And she and Tripp have been rocking the unresolved sexual tension for a few books now.
                The first-probably-half was great. Basically up until the wedding. It was emotional , real, and well-paced. It felt different from other books in the series, Then, everything sped up and problems were resolved without much difficulty.
                I’m going to be honest- I was all about Jace and Bethy. Jace was a great nice guy who respected Bethy. And I was angry when what happened to Jace happened. I felt used. But Ms. Glines got me to buy into Tripp and Bethy so that’s a pretty big deal.
                I did have some issues. First, can we all agree that Tripp was stalking Bethy in the beginning. Don’t get me wrong, I completely believe he was coming from a good place. But stalking is wrong and creepy.
                My other main problem is that so many things went unresolved. How does Bethy’s aunt feel about their relationship? Does Bethy really get over her abandonment issues that easily?
                I am incredibly grateful to have a story with no Nan and her tired, flat personality.
                And I read the teaser for Mase’s book. I don’t normally do that, but I’m glad I did. I’m so excited for his story and I hope Ms. Glines handles his heroine’s story well. Guess I’ll just have to wait until next year to find out.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment