Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Polaris is Where You’ll Find Me by Jenny Han



My True Love Gave to Me

Format:  Hardcover

Pages: 13

Rating: 3 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                Um…

                I’m not really sure what this story is about. And is there a romance? If I’m supposed to be supporting a romance I don’t know which one.

                This story is like the Kelly Link one where it has a lot of potential that goes unfulfilled. I think it’s interesting for Santa to have adopted a little Korean girl. And she does a fairly good job of showing what Natalie’s life has been like as the only human at the North Pole.

                My general confusion aside, my biggest complaint is Natalie, I find her whiny and childish. It’s made worst because she complains about being treated as a child. I felt she was pouting and kind of manipulative. She would use who she was to get what she wanted.

                She reminds me of Belly from The Summer I Turned Pretty. That makes me wonder if these are just the kinds of characters Ms. Han writes.

                I’m curious to see if the rest of this anthology follows this trend where I only like every other story.

 Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment