Sunday, December 14, 2014

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier




Series: Precious Stone Trilogy #1
Format: Paperback
Pages: 322
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Borrowed from the Library

                I’ll be upfront-I’m not sure how good or informative this review will be. I read this a few days ago and have been reading the series quickly so they’re started to merge into one big book for me.
                Immediately I was sucked into this story. It’s interesting with an appropriate mystery. Ms. Gier does an excellent job slowly revealing things to both Gwen and the reader.
                Gwen’s an amazing protagonist. She’s kind of quirky, but I like her and her sense of humor. I also like that she has Lesley as a best friend and is willing to share everything with her. There are actually a lot of strong female characters that have great relationships. I absolutely lover her Aunt Maddy.
                Plus, she plays with what you expect with this type of character. Normally, characters like Gwen suddenly find out their special and are thrust into this crazy new world. But Gwen has some familiarity with the whole time-travel thing.
                This is definitely an enjoyable story that immediately sucks you in. And that ending made me want to pick up the second book instantly. There really isn’t anything else you can ask for in a first book in a series.


No comments:

Post a Comment