Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Bad Boy Billionaire Novellas by Maya Rodale



Series: Bad Boys and Wallflowers
Format: Ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                I decided to do one review for all three novellas because they read more like a three-part serial to me. Together they tell the story of the romance and Jane’s growth as she comes into her own.
                This was kind of a play on the marriage of convenience and billionaire tropes. And I liked what Ms. Rodale did with those-especially the billionaire. Jane and Duke were also great characters that played well of each other. At first I thought would be a meek virgin type character, but she wasn’t and quickly surprised me with her wit and strength.
                I equal parts enjoyed and was bothered by Jane’s writing. I like the idea that these connect with the Wallflower books. But sometimes it was a little heavy-handed and connected too much with Jane’s personal life. I’ve only read one of the Wallflower books (it was my first Maya Rodale book) but I’m definitely excited to read the other two.

 Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment