Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Year We Fell Down by Sarina Bowen



Series: The Ivy Years Book #1
Format: Ebook
Rating: 4.5 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

                I’ve only read two of her books, but Sarina Bowen is becoming a favorite for me. She writes great stories with realistic romance. And both ones I’ve read have hockey-which I’ve said many times is a favorite. Ms. Bowen and Mila Ferrera are two under-rated New Adult authors in my opinion.
                The friendship between Hartley and Corey was one of my favorite parts. They had a lot in common-beyond their injuries. And I’m glad Ms. Bowen showed different types of injuries and how they impact a person’s psyche and relationships. And it didn’t get too melodramatic or depressing. I like drama, but now slit my wrists drama.
                There isn’t a huge thing that stops me from giving it five stars. Instead it’s a few minor things. First, is that there’s cheating and that’s an uncomfortable subject for me. Plus, I would have liked more chapters from Hartley’s POV and about Corey’s past/accident.
                Oh, this book also has innertube water polo. I didn’t know this was a thing, but I looked it up on youtube. I only wish I knew about this earlier.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment