Thursday, April 23, 2015

Once More My Darling Rogue by Lorraine Heath

19099623

Series: Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James #2
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 373
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

This one was a surprise. I was actually apprehensive because of the plot. Drake could’ve easily been a complete asshole, but Ms. Heath walked that line perfectly.

Actually both of these characters are easy to see as unlikeable and cruel. It wouldn’t surprise me if people had issues with these characters. But I fell in love with them. Drake is definitely a typical moody guy, but has a serious sensitive side. And Ophelia is incredibly sweet and hardworking underneath her cold exterior.

I won’t lie: the manipulative lies of Drake did bother me. I wish the truth came out earlier. There should’ve been more time for them to deal with their issues. Overall, I believe in their attraction and love story.

One final thing may be a spoiler, but this book does have a trigger in it. It isn’t described in graphic detail, but there is sexual abuse in here. I think it’s important to let people know.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment