Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Review: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

7736182

Series: Heroes of Olympus Book #1
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 553
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Gift

These have been staring at me from my shelf and I figured it was about time to read them. I think I might like this more than the Percy Jackson books. The world is expanding and I really like these characters.

I really like being able to go between different POVs. There’s more diversity in thought and perspective. Actually, there’s a decent amount of diversity in general. Piper is probably my favorite character and I most connected to her. Leo is my least favorite of the three because he gets a little mopey. But I do still like him a lot.

Like I already said, the plot is growing. I wish a little more was revealed, but I can respect that this is the first in a five book series, so mysteries are needed. And I am curious to see where it goes.

I have one spoilery thing.

Honestly, I don’t know if this counts as a spoiler, but better safe than sorry.

I really like that Hera is a good guy. Or as good as a god can be. She tends to get screwed in a lot of stories, so this is a nice departure and I hope it sticks around.

Now, I have an internal struggle. I want to keep reading, but I know the next book isn’t about these characters. I’m sure I’ll grow o love the new characters, but it makes me sad to leave these ones behind-even for just one book.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment