Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Review: Supernaturally by Kiersten White

8581936

Series: Paranormalcy Book #2
Format: Paperback
Pages: 336
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

Honestly, this was a little bit of a let down. The first book was a lot to live up to and I just finished a bunch of books I really loved. It was still really good and I want to see what happens to Evie and the other characters.

I do still like Evie and think she’s an interesting character, but she was also my biggest issue. She was way too trusting to people-all people. I just don’t understand why she didn’t think through anything. She also did whole “I’m going to ruin my relationship by not talking.” I have not been shy about my dislike of this plot device.

But I did enjoy the plot overall and it was pretty fast-paced. And I like Lend even more, because he’s awesome. And I realized that there really isn’t a big bad in this book/series. It’s refreshing that Ms. White isn’t following all of the standards for a YA trilogy. There are larger plot points and character development, but it’s not about destroying one particular villain.

On to the next book.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment