Thursday, April 16, 2015

When the Duke Was Wicked by Lorraine Heath

18053044

Series: Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James #1
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 374
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

It’s only been a few days, but I’ve already forgotten so much of this book. In theory, this should probably lower my rating, but I’m standing behind my initial reaction. And Ms. Heath’s magic still shines through.

I do remember this story having some serious unrequited love. Personally, that trope does not work for me. Another surprise was Lovingdon’s past. I appreciate a hero that is willing to have feelings-even if that’s primarily in the back story.

There’s no specifics, but the characters were enjoyable. I do remember Grace being strong and independent. And I have no particular complaints about the romance.

I do wish there had been more of their parents. I’m attracted to series like this because you have the opportunity spend more time with characters you’ve already fallen in love with. It would have been especially nice to see Jack Dodger-father.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment