Sunday, May 31, 2015

Review: Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan



18705209

Series: Heroes of Olympus Book #5
Format: Hardcover
Pages:  528
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Gift

So, I thought I already wrote this review. Come to find out I didn’t so I’ve forgotten a lot of things. Overall, I enjoyed this book and thought it was a decent conclusion. I do have some issues, but they aren’t new.

My biggest problem is that there are too many characters. There’s already seven main characters, but then Nico and Reyna are added to the mix. I liked them as characters, but by giving them more time other characters got pushed aside. I feel like Frank and Hazel especially never get to be true main characters with real development.

But I am satisfied with how the plot was resolved. Rick Riordan does a good job of constantly throwing stuff at me so I don’t know how to fix everything. And I thought the stakes were appropriately high. I know some people think the ending is a little unresolved, but I feel like that’s what makes it work.

This is kind of unrelated, but I feel like sharing. I’m not sure if I’ll ever read the Kane chronicles, but I do plan on reading the Norse gods books. My plan is to read them after at least a few have been published, because Rick Riordan is not afraid of the heart-breaking cliffhangers.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment