Monday, June 1, 2015

Review: The Assassin and the Pirate Lord by Sarah J. Maas



Series: Throne of Glass Book .1
Format: Hardcover (The Assassin’s Blade Bind-Up)
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

My plan is to read one of these novellas a month. I’m not counting them in my Goodreads goal, but I do want to review them individually.

This was definitely a solid novella. The plot was interesting and worked for something this length. And this was a nice way to get back in the Throne of Glass world.

I’ve always been a little wishy-washy on Celaena. Sometimes I like her and I want to because she’s so strong, but she’s way too arrogant for me. She’s never humble and struggles to be kind. This just makes it hard for me to get invested in her as a protagonist.

But Sam. I’m already falling in love with him. And I know how this ends so now I’m super sad.

Next month I should be back with a review of the next novella.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment