Monday, May 25, 2015

Review: The Duke and the Lady in Red



22864442
Series: Scandalous Gentleman of St. James Book 3
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 367
Rating: 5 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

Oh my god. I have not felt that way when it comes to a romance novel in a long time. I was balling my freaking eyes out. It was so bad that I kept having to put it down to try and pull myself together-that failed.

This was definitely my favorite in the series and the characters are fantastic. Rose has so much strength of character, but also this soft vulnerability that she is scared to show. Her relationship with Harry (her brother) is my favorite thing in the book. It is so beautiful and I wish there’s more sibling relationship like this one in romance.

Then, there’s Avendale. I feel like he was the typical brooding guy whose book you’re dying for. And he did deliver…for the most part. As much as I like Rose and Harry I think they took up so much of the story that Avendale didn’t get to completely shine. I feel like he grew, but I didn’t get to see the growth on the page.

The romance had a great tension and affection. And it had this thing going on that was a combination of the romances in the first two books. And I really cheered them on as a couple.

I’m so glad I started reading Lorraine heat even if this book broke my heart.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment