Monday, July 13, 2015

Review: Black and Blue by Gena Showalter



17211009
Series: Otherworld Assassin Book #2
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 387
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

This one was a little “meh”. I actually struggled with my rating. It kind of feels like a two-star book, but I would consider re-reading it so that has to make it more of a three star book.

I don’t hate the story or characters, but there were a lot of things that took me out of the story. The biggest one is probably the world building. I get the impression this takes place in the future, but there’s an annoying amount of contemporary slang. It just really dates the book.

Blue and Evie are decent characters. But they were a little inconsistent and under-developed. It didn’t really bother me, but I would have preferred they be more well-rounded.

The romance-like the characters-is ok. I like a fighters to lovers romance and this one was done moderately well. Just like the characters it could have been better developed.

I wouldn’t go out of my way to recommend this to someone, but if you like Gena Showalter’s other books you might want to give this one a try.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment