Friday, July 10, 2015

Review: Nice Dragons Finish Last by Rachel Aaron

20426102

Series: Heartstrikers #1
Format: Ebook
Rating: 5 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

I don’t want to wait for the next book to come out. This was so good and definitely a genre departure for me. But I heard Ms. Aaron on the DBSA podcast and she sold her books to me with her passion and general awesomeness. She seems like a genuinely nice person which I personally like in an author.

I guess this is a post-apocalyptic urban fantasy with dragons and some romance. Obviously, I’ve read books with magic but I’ve never read one that details how the different forms work and are used. The world-building, in general, is very good. I don’t know how many books will be in this series, but there’s a lot of material there for a lengthy one.

Julius is the main character and he’s amazing. He’s definitely a beta (which I love) and he wants to be good instead of violent and manipulative. I love that even with all the magic and spiritual/paranormal creatures the primary conflict seems to be Julius’ personal struggles with good and evil.

Marci is also a great character and I like how feisty she is. She’s supportive and willing to fight for what she wants.

And I like their friendship. It’s nice and hopefully it continues. I also really want it to develop into more of a romance. They seem to complement each other and I’m curious how a human-dragon relationship would work (especially politically).

I don’t even want to wait the few weeks I have to for the second book. I want to spend more time with these characters and in the world. Ms. Aaron’s voice is also amazing and blends humor well so I definitely want to check out her other books.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment