Friday, July 24, 2015

Review: Blue Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas



1756703
Series: Travis Family #2
Format: Paperback
Pages: 328
Rating: 5 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

I have no idea how many times I’ve read this book and it continues to be a five star read for me. Haven’s story always touches me and is such an important one. But one of Lisa Kleypas’ great skills as a writer is character growth and their personal journey.

For me, Haven is a great character and I immediately connect with her. Some people might think she’s a spoiled rich girl, but I don’t see her that way. And she shows that money can’t protect you from everything. I originally read this book when I really hated first person, but I still loved her voice. Plus, this story is so much about her personal recovery that it has to be told in first person. And Haven never plays the victim or comes across as whiny.

Then, there’s Hardy. He’s an alpha male I can really love. He’s strong, smart, and ambitious, but he’s also caring and gentle. Ms. Kleypas gives him enough backstory and development for him to be a fully realized character, but allows the story to be about Haven.

And I love them as a couple. They have great chemistry and really work together. Haven talks about how their flaws fit together like puzzle pieces and I think that’s very true. And they are a great example of a couple who equally support and respect each other. I will always love them as a couple and want more of them.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment